I’m really into eating healthy but I have recently kicked it up a notch and I am always trying to find interesting recipes that curve my cravings for my favorite foods and are also delicious, healthy and quick to make. I was inspired by more co-worker for these street tacos and added my own little twist to them.
1. Shred chicken (I cheated tonight and used a roasted chicken from Whole Foods)
2. Dice a quarter of a yellow onion
3. Halve cherry tomatoes (approx 1/2 cup)
4. Dice fresh cilantro (approx 1/4 cup)
5. Shred jalepeno almond cheese (1/4 cup)
6. Slice fresh lime (2 limes)
7. Combine together on small tortillas (I buy locally made wheat tortillas), squeeze some lime on top and enjoy.
There are so many variations to these street tacos, the options are truly endless. A few other suggestions would be to add salsa, guacamole, fish or tofu and add some spicy seasonings.